Sunday, October 02, 2005

How I use the Internet

One could say I use the Internet to check email, read news, search for information, communicate with others, and check online syllabi. This is correct, however the more accurate description of my online activity is procrastination. When I am home, I check my email every thirty minutes, even though I receive no more than 3 non-junk emails daily. I skim online newspaper headlines, but usually only read one article a day. If I was not introduced to instant messaging in high school, my GPA would have been much higher. Perhaps, via this Blog, this combination of the Internet and school assignments will morph my usage from procrastination to actual work.

4 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Mark said...

This is my first Blog post, is this where we are suppose to post our entries?

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Quynh said...

good question ...i was goin to post under one of the post the teacher started.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger johnwfarmer said...

It is hard to imagine a situation these days where I am looking to obtain or share information where the internet is not involved. I use it for email, news (RSS feeds are great!) and research. I keep a fileserver at home so I can save and access my personal documents, pictures and music from anywhere in the world.

I use it for shopping and entertainment. I rarely buy a book or video without first checking reviews on Amazon. I check movie times and watch trailers using a web enabled application and rent videos using Netflix. I usually purchase most of my music from the iTunes music store.

I use it for school; to register, to stay up to date on all of my classes and communicate with my classmates.

I am sure there are many things I am forgetting. It seems like there are so many trivial ways I use the net every day. The list above pretty well sums it up though.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Brook said...

The day usually begins and ends with the use of the internet. My daily uses of the internet include communication, news, and the weather report. For school I use the internet for registering, paying tuition, and general class information. The internet is useful when I need to find something quickly such as movie times, phone numbers, entertainment, and driving directions to name a few. When I am bored there always seems to be something interesting I can find to read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home